The Mop Top anti-frizz gel (medium hold) is my new favorite styler. I’ve been using it for quite a while now and I really like the way my curls look whenever I use it.
5 things I really love about this gel:
- it handles frizz really well – even on rainy days
- although I use the medium hold gel it doesn’t weigh my curls down
- the gel gets my curls to clump nicely
- after scrunching out the crunch it leaves you with beautiful soft curls
- whether your hair is fine or coarse – there’s the right gel for you: light hold or medium hold
I’d like to share a picture of what my hair looks like after diffusing my curls:
The Mop Top gel I tried is a styler with medium hold – meaning it can weight down fine hair. If you have fine hair I suggest you try the Mop Top anti-frizz gel light hold.
Be aware that this gel will leave you with a gel cast after diffusing / air-drying your curls. A gel cast means your hair will still look like it’s wet although it’s already dry and your curls feel “crisp”. Whenever you’re using such a gel, remember to scrunch out the crunch – meaning scrunch your curls until they’re not only dry but also look that way (I’m planning a blog post about this).