In today’s post I would like to show you my washing routine for curly hair. As explaining my whole routine would be a bit too complicated I have decided to do a video about it – I hope you like it!
In addition to the video, I put together some tips to help you improve your washing routine in order to achieve the best possible results (frizz-free curls!):
- Use a sulfate free shampoo to properly cleanse your hair and scalp. Do this by massaging your scalp – I’m sure you will love it
- Make sure to thoroughly wash out the shampoo, massaging your scalp helps once again – almost feels like a day at the spa:-)
- When you’re combing your curls, they should be dripping wet and covered with conditioner/detangler. You can either use a comb or you can finger-comb your hair. I always go for finger-combing as this way I am able to detangle my curls more gently. If this hurts too much, rewet your curls again and add some additional conditioner/detangler.
- If your curls need the additional moisture, leave-in a bit of your conditioner (at the ends) when you have finished washing your curls, however don’t do this if you feel like your curls could be over-conditioned.
- Add styler to your curls when they are still dripping wet and do not comb it into your curls if you have troubles achieving great clumps
- Instead, scrunch in your styler until your curls don’t release any more moisture!
Here is the link to the video, please note that some parts are on fast-forward, since I thought it would be rather boring to watch me detangle my curls for about 5 minutes. All in all, the washing routine took me about 10-15 minutes.
What does your routine look like – similar to mine or completely different? Let me know by leaving a comment -I would love to read from you!