Hi curlies! I’m sorry for not posting this long, I’ve been working on different things, amongst them a new video on how to blow-dry curly hair using a diffuser. In it, I’m sharing my drying routine to get frizz-free and voluminous curls.
I’ve already posted a photo tutorial on how to blow-dry curly hair, but I thought it’s about time to also do a short video on it!
Before linking to the video, I’d like to summarize the most important issues when it comes to blow-drying:
- always use a diffuser when blow-drying curly hair
- only turn on the blow-dryer when it directly lies on your scalp and when you’re not moving it
- whenever you’re moving your blow-dryer: turn it off (if you don’t, you’ll end up with a lot of frizz)
- set your blow-dryer to low air and medium to high heat (I like switching back and forth between medium and high heat)
- do you want more volume? Try blow-drying your curls until they’re 100% dry
If you’re still not sure, whether you should give blow-drying a try, read the blog post I wrote about the difference between air- and blow-drying.
And finally, my YouTube video on diffusing: