Today’s post is about 4 different hairstyles with only 1 hair accessory – the black bow.
I chose to buy this black bow from H&M, because I think the leather look-alike makes it a cheap but still chic accessory. The bow is a hair slide making it more difficult to use in curly hairstyles. I guess I’m not the only curly who remembers breaking all kinds of hair accessories trying to fit all of my hair into them. Learning from past mistakes, I’m not anymore trying to fit all my curls into such a small hair slide, but I create hairstyles involving only a part of my curls.
The fist curly hairstyle with my new black bow from H&M is a classic updo. It’s absolutely easy to do:
- Take some curls of your top hair from both sides and bring it loosely to the back.
- Put the selected curls into the slide and close it.
The second hairstyle with the bow is similar, but with a little twist…
- Take a small section from each side of your head and twist each of it.
- Bring the twists to your back and put them into the bow.
The third hairstyle also is an easy one, but now includes all of your curls:
- Put your hair into a low ponytail and fix it with a thin hair tie.
- If you have fine hair you might be able to put all of your curls into the slide of the bow. It you have more hair like I do take a small upper part from the ponytail and put this smaller section into the slide of the bow.
My fourth curly hairstyle is a bit more difficult to do:
- Again, take a smart section of hair from one side of your head and split it into three sections.
- Start braiding and every time you cross the top section over the middle one you add a little bit of hair.
- Don’t add any hair when crossing the lower section over the middle – creating a half french braid.
- Repeat steps 2.-3. a few times and then end the braid by finishing it with the bow. Keep in mind not to add to much hair to the braid as you still need to be able to properly close the bow.