Today’s 5 minutes braided hairstyle for curly hair is a really easy hairstyle idea for non-washing days or whenever your hair seems to be flat.
Sometimes my curls don’t want to behave on a second day, even when I’ve gone through my second day routine. On such days I mostly decide to create some kind of half updo, because they’re a great idea to still show off your curls on second or even third days (even if they’re flat or a bit frizzy)!
For this hairstyle you’ll need:
- 1 hair tie
- 2-3 bobby pins
1. Take a small section from near your hairline and split it up into three sections to start braiding by crossing the top section across the middle one.
2. When you’re braiding always add some hair when crossing the upper section over the middle one. Be careful to already now hold the braid into the direction it’s later supposed to be to prevent possible bumps. Don’t add any hair when crossing the lower across the middle section.
3. Repeat step 2 for as long as you wish and then finish the braid by braiding normally (without adding any new hair), then fix it with a hair tie.
4. Move the curls right behind the braid apart to be able to fix the braid underneath them.
5. Remove the hair tie from the braid and then take 2-3 bobby pins to fix the braid underneath your back hair.
6. Repeat the same on your other side and you’re done!
If you want this hairstyle to look more hippie-like, then you can easily adapt it:
- Don’t fix the two braid with bobby pins
- Instead, tie them together using a hair tie
- If you have one, use a hair tie with a flower