Sometimes 3rd day curls just don’t look like curls, but more like a ton of frizz. If you still don’t feel like washing your curls, this braided hairstyle is the perfect solution for you! Although I’m sure this braided hairstyle also looks great with freshly washed curls..
Feel free to adapt this hairstyle any way you like: you could start with a rope braid, a dutch braid or you can just pull back your curls and only braid the ponytail. There are many possibilities, just try for yourself which version you like the most.
- 2 hair ties
- 1 (or maybe more) bobby pins
1. Start your french braid by separating a small section on the side of your parting line you’d like the braid to be on.
2. Split the small section into three equally small sections and start braiding by crossing the top section over the middle one.
3. As you continue braiding, add a bit of hair to the braid each time you cross the top and the bottom section.
4. Continue braiding this way.
5. When you get to the back of your head, change your hands’ positions and continue braiding until the braid reaches your other side.
6. Grab the curls from the other side of your parting line and create a ponytail using a hair tie. To hide the hair tie, select a small section from the ponytail and wrap it around the hair tie.
7. Then, braid your ponytail and fix it with another hair tie.
May 22, 2017
October 9, 2017
How do you manage to have so little frizz on third day curls? I struggle to even get two days out of mine! My curls are a little tighter at the bottom than your but the first 4 inches look to be the same texture, and that is where most of my frizz occurs!
November 29, 2017
You have lovely hair 🙂