This post is also available in: German
Hi there! Today I would like to share some fun stories, to be more precise: Things I have been told just because I have curly hair. I am sure that right this second you have some things come into your mind that you have been told – please share them with a comment below, I would love to read through them!
Ok, so I chose just a few things that I have heard before and I think they were quite amusing, so there was no harm taken when I was told this. I am sure you can relate to some of them:
- Do you curl your hair every day with a curling iron?
- I wish I had curly hair – it is so easy to handle: Just get out of the shower, let them air-dry and they will look great!
- You are so lucky to have curly hair: Whenever it rains it will just make your curls curlier and they will still look awesome.
- When I was a child and still used to brush my curls dry some people have told me that I looked like an angel
- When I first started to straighten my hair (after the dry-brushing phase) a fellow student told me: Wow, I didn’t see you among all these other students, I was just looking for your hair and it looks so different (normal!) today
- I can’t believe you don’t brush your curls daily, don’t they get really tangled?
- How can you not shampoo your curls every time you wash your hair? Doesn’t you hair feel really dirty?
- Why is it that you don’t want to go to that hairdresser anymore?
- Can I touch your curls?
- Since most of the time my answer is no, I hear this one every now and then: I totally don’t get why you don’t like other people touching your hair.
And of course I have also gotten some compliments for my curls, but they wouldn’t be that funny to read. I think that hearing the above was quite amusing, but if you still need to be convinced why it’s great to have curly hair, read my previous post about it!