Hi curlies, I’m currently in love with fishtails, which is why I would like to share today’s tutorial for this fishtail half-updo. It’s not only an easy to do hairstyle, but I think it also looks great on different occasions. You could wear your curls like that anywhere from a festival to work while keeping your curls out of your face.
This tutorial also is perfect for all of you who don’t like to braid or who don’t know how to braid. A fishtail braid is simpler, all you need is to have a little bit of patience and maybe also some strong arms (especially if you have long hair and need to keep your arms up for quite some time until the fishtail braid is finished).
For the fishtail half-updo you will need:
- 2 small hair ties
- 1 bobby pins
1. Pull some of your curls from the top layer back and fix them there with a small hair tie. Don’t pull your curls back too tightly in order as not to destroy your curls’ pattern
2. Then split the ponytail into two equally big sections
3. Begin your fishtail braid by taking a small section from the back (close to your scalp) of either the left or right half
4. Cross that small section to the other half of the ponytail (it will stay there)
5. Continue to do the same with the other half of the ponytail: grab a small section and cross it to the other half of the ponytail (make sure that the sections you have once crossed also stay there)
6. Repeat until you reach the end of the ponytail (this might take a while and could feel like an arm workout)
7. Before you fix it with a hair tie, pull your braid to make it look bigger
8. Then fix it with a small hair tie
9. To hide the hair tie take a small section of hair close to it and wrap it around the hair tie (and by that cover it with your hair)
10. Finally, fix this section of hair with a bobby pin
And this is it – you’re done and good to go!