This post is also available in: German
Hi curlies! I hope you are all doing great – I really enjoyed my vacation, although I’m not sure my curls did too. I just could not get them to look decent in the freezing Canadian weather. I think the problem was that my curls and I were just too static. I therefore had to put my curls into different hairstyles so they wouldn’t stand out into every possible direction (I’m currently also working on a new hairstyle tutorial).
But back to the topic of this post: I though I should share some fun facts about my curls:
- When I was a child, I did not only dislike my curly hair, but I also didn’t like having as much hair as I had. I would have given up half of it without even blinking once (unlike now!).
- Even though I’m not even 30, I have quite a lot of white hair! Good thing I get blond highlights, so I can perfectly hide them 🙂 As my Grandpa’s hair was completely white when he was only 35, I suppose mine will continue to grow more.
- I also have kinky type 4 hair. Yes, I really do – but only very few of them! I usually find them right along my parting line and I mostly see them because they are sticking straight up. Also, they seem to be shorter than my other curls.. I seriously don’t know why I have them, but I kind of like them (if you’ve been reading my blog for a while now you also know that I wish my curls were curlier).
- I don’t only have some really curly strands, but I also have some strands that are type 1 hair, that don’t curl at all (just right above my neck). Luckily it’s only a spot of about 1×1 inch and I can hide them underneath the rest of my hair.
- My curls really lock in the products I apply. I’ve noticed that when I wash out my shampoo with my head upside down (this way I can see my curls when washing them), I could go on washing it out for more than 5 minutes – there just seems to be an endless amount of shampoo (and products I’ve applied in between washing my curls) coming out of my curls.
I’d love to hear from you, because I am sure that most curlies could also name at least a few fun facts about their curls! What are yours?
March 3, 2016
I will throw in a few:
1) And Mirror your #1. I totally wanted Brad Pitt, Legends of the Fall hair. I even had my mother (a stylist) straighten my hair…which was a disaster on my super fine cherub curls!
2) I have always wanted long hair, but only recently have I grown it out in a way that was successful.
3) We thinned (pinking shears) it in the first year to make it more tolerable in the awkward phases. Now I wish now I had just endured the bulk, though given #2 perhaps it was for the best.
P.S. I appreciate all your work here Sandra!
March 3, 2016
Thank you for your comment! I really enjoyed reading about your hair story 🙂